Thursday, December 02, 2004

Answering Your Questions

I send out so many emails during the day -- mostly about nothing -- that my friends often write back and say, "Gee, you must not be very busy" or "What exactly do you do at this job?"

Today has been a fairly typical day for me here. Starting the moment I arrived this morning, I carefully noted everything that they asked me to do during the day. Here's what I recorded:

8:27 a.m. Arrived
8:35 a.m. Deleted 66 emails
9:26 a.m. copied a magazine article
11:08 a.m. boss decides she wants 10 copies of article
1:09 p.m. went to lunch
1:42 p.m. back
4:18 p.m. began to work on blogpost*

[* Obviously this part was not part of my job.]

For this work, I am paid $16/hour.

Today they asked me if I could be available to stay through January. Okay...it's time to get cracking on finding a real job. I can't take this much longer.

No comments: