Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Notes to Myself

When I got home last night, I saw that I had left a bag of Kokuho Rose rice on the dining room table, and I thought, "Well, given the recent mouse issues, I guess I shouldn't leave that out."

So I go to pick up the bag, and a mouse fell out of a hole in the bottom of it along with a lot of rice.

(Note to self: add "rice" to shopping list.)

The mouse leaped off the table and disappeared through a tiny hole in the floor where the heating pipe comes through. (Note to self: add "steel wool" to shopping list.)

I held the rice bag upside down so I wouldn't spill anymore and dropped it in a plastic grocery sack and threw it in the garbage. I tied it closed to prevent spillage. I went to bed.

About 20 minutes later I hear a rustling from the kitchen. I go back to see what's going on now.

Inside the plastic bag with the rice, there is another mouse.

Now, I have valiantly saved the lives of a quite a few mice by capturing them in my humane trap and relocating them to the park. But it was 1:00 in the morning and I was tired and mad. So...down the garbage chute the bag went. I felt guilty about throwing him in the garbage, but consoled myself with the hope that he'll gnaw his way out of the plastic bag and escape before the super throws it into the incinerator. That is, if he survived the four-story fall.

2 comments:

Hate A. Ration said...

haha your whole saga with the mice is just too entertaining

Anonymous said...

Am I wrong in assuming that the mouse problem started up after superintendent Danny left the building?
JF