Saturday, September 15, 2007

help?

Any Mac users out there?

I bought a wireless router. My Mac says I am connected to "Linksys" and the signal is at full strength, but no webpages will load. Help?

UPDATE: And, we're good to go!

The moral of this story, apparently, is, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again, call friends in panic, try again, have some Diet Coke, consult various geek websites, try again, call tech support at: BestBuy, Linksys, try again, call Linksys back, read your favorite Psalm, listen to the automated set-up line instructions twice, and try again."

A special thanks to KR who called to give me a pep-talk. : )

Oh, and also...I found the antique Lohengrin score! I'd packed it separately in another box. So, that's good. I think the rest are gone. : (

4 comments:

Jess said...

Diet Coke was the key. It just took a little time for its effect to kick in.

Jade said...

So what did you end up doing, out of curiosity? (We've had that problem here now and again because we cross signals with the neighbor's networks, and somehow that screws us up. It doesn't happen often, since our houses are so far apart, but it was enough that I couldn't take the laptop into the laundry room, so I assigned my laptop an IP address for the house and it stays connected much better now)

Anonymous said...

And, your favorite Psalm is?

Andy said...

your favorite Psalm is?

Ohh...you got me. I wrote that without really thinking about it. I don't really know the Psalms as well as I ought, but what comes to mind is 51:7. There's a whole scene in Puccini's La Fanciulla del West (the opera of my professional debut) built around that verse that gives me chills every time I hear it.