Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What Do Hillary and My Car* Have in Common?

Remember the last time I drove to Yachats and the car broke down?

This time Mabel the Sable waited until I got back to Portland to die. Wasn't that thoughtful of her? A weekend at the beach with a good friend and great weather? Priceless. Trip to the mechanic? $464.

On the plus side, we continue to edge closer to that bright future when someone randomly puts down their martini and says, "Hey, what the hell ever happened to Hillary Clinton?"

Today basically sucked up one side and back down the other, and not in a good way, so I'm retiring to bed early with some gentle music, a candle and a nice escapist book and two cuddly cats. In the meantime, here's a couple of photos to "tide" you over. (Ah, beach puns.)


(* Though, to be fair, I doubt Hillary has an "Obama '08" bumpersticker on her ass.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the escapist book?

DJRainDog said...

You know, I think the best way currently going to manifest my iconoclasm is to back a Clinton or McCain win. It's really a bloody shame I can't have them on the same ticket! I just want to smash all of you Obamaniacs' pretty little bubbles into a zillion pieces. On the other hand, maybe the best way to do that is to have him win and turn out to be an incompetent do-nothing like all the rest of them. And with that, I return to sketching my plans for a better guillotine.

Andy said...

Faustus: It ended up being I Corinthians. *Shrug.*

DJ: I'm just going to pray that someday soon you will once again find yourself susceptible to hope and optimism.

DJRainDog said...

*yawn*

Princess said...

DJ: Have you tried antidepressants? Mmmmm...

DJRainDog said...

Princess: Years ago, when I was depressed, I tried them, yes, and I didn't like what they turned me into. Besides, I'm not depressed; I just hate this country and the majority of its inhabitants and their lack of taste and intelligence.