Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday Photo Blogging: Presenting Rocky & Starbuck


Well, after long conversations with them, I have finally settled on some names. None of the brother/sister pairs, as marvelous as all those suggestions were, really worked for their personalities. Plus, I began to feel that if I named them that way, each cat would sort of be defined by the other. So I gave them names that have nothing to do with each other. Starbuck is the little girl lying down; so named because she's smart and beautiful and clearly won't take crap from anyone. She may be small now, but I have a feeling someday she'll be running the show. Rocky is that handsome boy sitting next to her: their mother was rescued from the streets of Far Rockaway, out near JFK. He's my little tough guy from the backstreets. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anthony said...

I'm getting all mushy now ...

Matthew said...

They look like really nice cats. Good luck!

Jess said...

They're adorable. May you have many, many happy years with them!

tully said...

I'm impressed by their cuteness. I usually steriotype cats as being at least arrogant and at worst devilish creatures. Probably because they're smarter than me. :) Or at least they think they are.

That's why I prefer dogs- the dumber the better! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, they're so cute! I like their names. They flow toegther, especially if you shorten them ... Rock Star, come to Daddy! :)

Dominic

p.p. said...

aaaawwwww....

Jade said...

Starbuck looks like she's wearing a helmet *grin*

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, it's finally happened. You have a kitten blog.

I'm usually more of a dog person like LC, but yes, these are CUTE kittens.

And you know what? Something about Starbuck really does remind me of Katee Sackhoff.

tully said...

Starbuck=Lone Ranger not Katee Sachoff
:)