Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Miss My Toys

Last night, for no very good reason at all, I found myself trying to remember which Star Wars action figures I had as a kid:

Luke Skywalker (I think he met his demise under the lawnmower)

C3PO

R2-D2

Princess Leia (in the Cloud City outfit)

Han Solo (Hoth ice planet parka outfit)

Hammerhead

Boba Fett

R5-D4

At-At driver

Imperial Guard (with the awesome red robe)

Darth Vader (until Miss Crandall took him away because I was playing with him during math, and he was never seen again)

I also had a Millennium Falcon.

One of my favorite things to do was to freeze Han Solo in a block of ice in a tupperware box and then slowly melt him free on the deck. Yeah, good times.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

You know, of course, that Miss Crandall just took your Darth Vader action figure so she could play with it. Rassafrassin' teachers!

Anonymous said...

Froze him in ice?

Awesome.

Andy said...

We didn't have any carbonite readily available.

tully said...

I was really into the Star Wars action figures when the movie came out in the nineties. Those were classics compared to the flashy ones coming out now.

Of course with my big brother at the helm I was able to experience Stretch Armstrong and Crash Dummies (later editions?). Those were a couple of good toys. Eventually Stretch leaked and the dummies had one too many accidents. Santa Clause was good to me. He still is- last year I got a wonderful quadruple-blade food processor.

Anonymous said...

i still remember the original GI Joe with the kung fu grip.

Aethlos said...

i had the mil. falcon too... with the battery operated laser sound, but we couldn't afford many batteries so i had to make the sound effects myself. our neighbors had lots of dough, and they actually had the DEATH STAR... did anyone else see that toy? SO COOL. i also had the x wing fighter. i was not allowed to have Vader, nor ANY storm troopers... because they were bad guys, and my fundamentalist parents thought there was all kinds of evil in those specific pieces of plastic. they were not allowed in our house... nor could we watch i dream of jeanie (witchcraft), and 'bewitched' was tantamount to demonic possession. ahhhh.. the days in tulsa oklahoma - the buckle of the bible belt....