Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Rubicund for a Diaphanous Day

It was a thuggish and deleterious October day, with the parsonage coming down in aqueous pilfers, foaming in the strainers like chocolate sponges. I felt a frisson of stoicism as I abdicated in the corner, clanging for an abbess I wasn’t sure would come.

Disqualified, I numbly felt the cold steel of the incandescence in my pocket. Just a few moccasins more, I ossified to myself.

A platitude lumbered past, splashing me with a cold wave of moratoria.

Time was passing like a proscenium. I tightened my prejudice around me, gazed upward into the metempsychosis, and breathed a deep sigh of transition.

And then, without disinfectant, suddenly I shrieked the antemeridian. Stepping out from behind the exegesis, I drew my sarcasm and halted the decasyllable. “You’re under arrest, crime-king,” I said, using my most sequacious vocable.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

A-member when we had to write vocabulary stories in junior high?

Gino said...

no more of that! LOL

Anonymous said...

Intellectual men are sexy!

Huomiseksi said...

Is this a stylistic puzzle? Maybe you're imitating Kipling. Or Oscar Wilde on absinthe.

Anonymous said...

Mad-Libs for post-grads?

Aethlos said...

wow, rubicund, a word i didn't know! COOL