Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas from Andy & the Cats


Well, it's Christmas Eve and the tree is still standing, so...hurray for that.

Starbuck decided she could be helpful while I was decorating by making sure that the tissue paper didn't blow away.

Here she is supervising the preparations for my dinner party.

Package inspection.

This picture has nothing to do with Christmas, but I couldn't help myself.

Last night I curled up on the sofa by the fire with A Christmas Carol; it's been a long time since I actually read it. I'd forgotten how amazing it is. The movie versions all leave out the most inflammatory stuff. Dickens is truly kicking it Old Testament Prophet style.

And then I decided that it was so nice and comfortable in the living room that I would have a camp-out. I pulled the blankets off the bed, curled up by the fire, and read 2 Peter by the light of the tree. Rocky slept on a pillow next to my head, and Starbuck, as is her new custom, crawled under the blankets and curled up next to my tummy and did that paw-kneading thing.

Best wishes to everyone for a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Gino said...

Merry Christmas, Andy!

Marc said...

Merry Christmas, Andy, and here's to a fantastic 2008 for you.

Hugs!

hapaxlegomenons said...

Wish you a very Merry Christmas! Hope you get the gift you desire since everyday you give gifts to many, near and far!

God bless you, Andy!