Monday, December 17, 2007

What Did I Smoke Last Night?

Well, nothing, of course. But good grief I had some weird dreams.

One dream I had three times -- in the same night! And it was always the same. I was running through the forest being chased by a pack of wolves. They would corner me in a cave, standing at the mouth snarling at me, and then I'd wake up drenched in sweat. Yes, this happened three lovely times.

But that's not all. I had the dream again with a variation: the last time I was being chased by a gorilla.

I've had gorilla dreams ever since I was a child. Almost always I'm in my house and the gorilla is looking through the windows trying to see me, and I'm hiding behind a wall. But he's never chased me through a forest before.

Interpretation courtesy Dreammoods.com:

Wolf

To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. In particular, if the wolf is white, then it signifies valor and victory. [Andy: no, they were dark gray, all three times.] You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours.

Gorilla

To see a gorilla in your dream, suggests that you may be too "over the top" in your behavior. Perhaps you are compensating for your rigidity and stiffness in your waking life. Alternatively, the gorilla symbolizes your primitive impulses, wild nature and repressed sexual energy. [Andy: Well, duh.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad wolves have experienced a makeover in cream-symbology ;)

Sounds like you are still on the medieval plan ...

I'm thinking, reading this right before sleeping was a bad plan for me, tho ;) sigh

Andy said...

Cream-symbology? Sounds like a spa treatment.

Mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

[laughing]
oops ;)

tully said...

The wolves represent your being cornered by the proud isolation you adopted in moving to New York. So the transition from wolves to gorillas literally represents a return to the ways of childhood and symbolically represents a return to the primitive need for family you embraced in your childhood. It seems no coincidence that this is the first Christmas you're spending with your family since your return from New York.

That, or you're eating too much cheese...