Monday, October 04, 2004

ON VACATION

THE LAST DEBATE is officially on hiatus until October 12, while I head out to San Francisco, partly for vacation, and also to attend my cousin's wedding up in Santa Rosa. I'm not checking email during this trip, so if you write I won't get back to you until I'm home in New York.

FUN THINGS: if you're bored, track my flight while you're at work!

Tuesday, October 5
American Airlines #59, departs New York/JFK 7:00 a.m. ET
scheduled to arrive San Francisco/SFO at 10:11 a.m. PT

Monday, October 11
American Airlines #16, departs San Francisco/SFO 11:40 a.m. PT
scheduled to arrive New York/JFK at 8:02 p.m. ET

If you're an airline fan, I'm flying both ways on a Boeing 767-200ER.

LORD OF THE RINGS ANNIVERSARIES FOR THIS WEEK:

October 6: The Hobbits and Strider camp at Weathertop, and are attacked at night. Frodo is wounded.

October 9: Glorfindel leaves Rivendell. (If you only saw the movie, you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

October 11: Glorfindel drives off the Black Riders from the Bridge of Mitheithel.

DEBATES THIS WEEK:

Cheney and Edwards go head to head tomorrow night...hopefully I'll be able to watch. Since Cheney can't possibly defend this administration without resorting to egregious lies, I expect Edwards to eat him for lunch. Also, Cheney is so...how do I put this? Ogre-like? Humorless? And Edwards is Mr. Sunshine. Of course, conventional wisdom had Kerry at a disadvantage last week, too...so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Then on Friday, Kerry and Bush face off again, but I won't be able to watch because of family stuff. Hopefully I can read a transcript in the paper somewhere. Keep up the fight, and thanks for reading!

XOXO
Andy

No comments: