Thursday, February 22, 2007

Scripture vs. Reason & Reality

If you've been interested in the discussions below about reconciling and balancing what the Bible says with logic and reason and deferring to your own conscience and personal experience, especially as it relates to the topic of sexual orientation, then get thee hence to the always fantastic Slacktivist for some relevant insight.

*Disclaimer: I know the above is possibly the worst sentence I have ever written, but it's late and I'm tired and, hell, you know what I meant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across Slacktivist's post also; and, as you said, it's fantastic and relevant (at least to us believer types).

I was amazed, however, at the knots some folks tied themselves into in order to arrive at "proper" scriptural interpretations. I wonder if they're that limber in their sex lives. Gnats were strained at; camels forced through needle eyes. It left me exhausted.