Monday, September 27, 2004

2 dreams

Okay, help me with this.

First dream, I was in a canoe with my dad floating on the ocean off the coast of Africa and there were a bunch of whales swimming around. At first it was cool and I was watching them dive and display their tails (which I dreamed about in amazing detail), but then I noticed one extremely large whale who kept circling closer and closer and I was getting nervous. Finally he was swimming right under the boat, and I leaned over the edge and looked him right in the eye. That's when I woke up.

Then later I dreamed it was time to get up. (Don't you hate that one?) It was dark, so I had to turn on the lights. But the lights wouldn't go on...they only rose to a weak glow, sort of the way they looked just before they finally went out in the great blackout of 2003. (For those of you who weren't here, it didn't suddenly go black...everything faded.) And it was snowing outside, even though I was conscious that it was today. I also still had my Macintosh that I got rid of in 1999.

**** Swoon.com says the canoe is not indicative of anything unless it's empty, in which case it symbolizes the need for new friends. Guys...my canoe was full. : ) The ocean was calm, which apparently is a "good omen." The ocean definition then refers you to "boat," which says that a boat in dreams is symbolic of your life. (I suppose it was just too obvious to mention that the ocean is one of the most common symbols for the unconscious.) Now, here's some good news: "a dream of your father forecasts progress in business, professional, or career matters." (It's about frickin' time!) Swoon also says that Africa (don't ask how I knew it was Africa...isn't it weird how sometimes you just know stuff in dreams?) generally implies "a happy improvement in status in the near future."

Now we get to the really good news. Swoon says of whales, "This big creature is a splendid dream omen signifying protective influences around you, and if you saw the flukes of its tail, freedom from worry will soon be yours. " "Exceptionally large and/or wide-open eyes in a dream signify an inheritance. Blue or light eyes mean a new friendship; dark eyes, a new love affair. " Well, I doubt there's much of an inheritance coming my way, but the whale did have very dark eyes. Wouldn't it be nice to have a large inheritance and a boyfriend? I guess that what dreams are for, alas.

Okay, on to the second dream: "Darkness: Be prepared for a setback; however, if you managed to grope your way to the light, you will achieve great success. If you were walking in the dark, you will recover something you had given up for lost. Turning electricity on forecasts unexpected recognition for past efforts or favors, but a sudden general power failure in your dream suggests that you suspect you are wasting your energy; reassess your ambitions and consider a possible change of direction." I don't like the sound of that. Of course it wasn't a "sudden general power failure," it was just that the lights wouldn't fully go on. Where's my inheritance?

This was funny: "Snow is a generally good omen, unless you ate the snow, in which case it portends a coming season of sadness." (I did not, for the record, eat any snow in my dream. Hurray!) "To dream of deep snow or of a snowstorm signifies hard work but with an unexpected big success at the end; wet snow on trees, etc., is an omen of profitable investments; snow in the autumn indicates unusual happiness." (All this is sounding good to me!) They didn't attribute any significance to a Macintosh that has been in the garbage for 5 years, but they did say a computer is symbolic of a "compulsion for complete control."

No comments: