Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Rude Awakening

Wow, so, I think overnight, Michael Moore read my mind (or...my blog) and sent me one bitch-slap of a (group) email. You can read the full text here. He makes several valid points about why we should not waste our time complaining about what an ass John Kerry is and instead dedicate ourselves to the campaign with the ferocity and dedication of the Republicans.

On the other hand, I think we have to pat ourselves on the back, because Kerry's campaign would not be taking the aggressive turn that it was if the entire democratic constituency hadn't been groaning through the month of August, "What the hell are you doing, John? Go after these guys!" Of course, he hasn't won yet, so maybe it's a tad early to be self-congratulatory (it is only 7:28 a.m., after all, I haven't even had coffee!)

After screaming "WAKE UP!" at me, Moore did console me with reasons why we should not believe the polls that we keep hearing about...that is definitely food for thought. (And, frankly, it makes me want to make my cell phone my primary number.)

I'm listening to Brahms chamber music to come back down after that. Going back to work today! Oh, joy!

No comments: