Thursday, May 05, 2005

Greetings from Gayville

Okay, I admit it, I've written practically nothing for days. First my blog just disappeared for some reason, but then also I've just not had time to sit down and compose anything what with starting the new job and all.

And also I guess I'm in one of those rare periods where I just don't have all that much to say.

The new job is going great! My office is cozy and friendly and everyone seems really nice. It is such a relief to be out of the corporate environment, where people feel free to talk like...well, like people. Oh, and I can wear jeans to work. It's like some kind of beautiful dream!

As for what I do, well...there isn't really much to tell you. I'm the human resources/administration/finance administrative assistant. I basically do everything for everyone, and none of it is particularly exciting or glamorous. You know, I order supplies, I collect timesheets, I distribute memos, I load paper into copiers, blah blah blah. Fine. I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. But seriously, folks, when we finally get you the right to get married, I want you all to stop and remember that it might not have happened if Andy hadn't kept the toner supply stocked.

A big, big thank you to all my many wonderful friends who came out for happy hour on Tuesday to celebrate. It was great to see you and I had a lot of fun. I thought I'd be there for a couple of hours tops, then go home and be bored. I was astonished at one point to look down at my watch and discover it was 11 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Andy for keeping the toner supplies well stocked... and for a very cute smile :o)

Glad to hear you're enjoying your work... ah, gay rights organizations... I fell in love with a folk who used to work for those organizations... Then we had sex... and bye bye Miss American Pie! :(

Anyhow... I digress. Best wishes to you.

Jess said...

Sounds great. Keep enjoying it!