Saturday, May 14, 2005

I Have Got to Stop Drinking Heineken After 10 PM

Okay, if you thought last night's dream was random...

I had this dream that I was at a large dinner reception hosted by my mother's friend's T & V. In reality, they own a beautiful Victorian-era farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere Oregon, but in my dream their dining room looked like the multi-purpose room of some suburban church. Yeah, I know. Ew.

Anyway, at one point part of the brick wall began to glow a bright blue, and something that everyone called a "wormhole" began to open up and this thing started to slowly extract itself from the wall and then drop onto the floor as the hole closed up.

It was a long carved piece of wood, like a walking stick of some kind, and it was beautifully decorated with Japanese writing. They decided to give it to me. I guess because it was my dream.

My dad was in this one, too. He was setting up a tent -- like, you know, for camping -- in the corner of the dining room and refusing to join the rest of us.

2 comments:

Jess said...

A wormhole? I think maybe someone saw some Star Trek episode before bed.

Oh, and a stick came out of the hole? It was your stick? I think maybe someone needs some company for his stick! ;)

(Don't mind me. I know nothing about analyzing dreams, and I tend to think everything is about sex!)

Andy said...

Jess, "wormhole" would imply StarGate, not Star Trek. Sheesh.