Friday, January 21, 2005

Cher Takes the A Train

So I rode to work this morning listening to Cher's Greatest Hits through my Bose noise-reducing headphones. This is a marvelous way to combat my crowd anxiety. The headphones filter out pretty much all that extraneous, distracting "crowd" noise, so you can just close your eyes and dissolve into the music. They also fuction as ear-muffs; it's 14 this morning.

The only problem is that my inner drag queen wants to mouth the words. Is it in his eyes? Oh, no, that's not the way -- you're not listening to all I say! If you wanna know, if he loves you so, it's in his kiss, whoa-oo-oh-oh...

Then I confess it was really difficult to restrain myself from dancing down 50th Street to "Dark Lady." God what a song! No day should start without it.

No comments: