Saturday, March 26, 2005

It is finished

Well, it took me almost a month, but it's done.

I have finally finished putting my CD collection into my iPod. Not the whole collection, mind you, just the songs I like.

I've got 3,264 songs on it. ("Song" is an inaccurate term, as my iPod's repertoire spans everything from medieval troubadour chansons and Gregorian chant to Indian ragas, Beethoven symphonies, Brahms sonatas, Bellini cabalettas, Elvis Presley and Cher.) If I were to just let it play until it ran out of music, it would take ten days, eight hours and twenty-four minutes.

And I still have almost 6 GB of space on the thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you happen to have the song "Each Time You Break My Heart" by Nick Kamen :) I want it!!!

Congrats on the iPod. :-)

Matthew said...

What happens if the iPod crashes?

Can it do that?

Andy said...

Richie: Hmm, never heard of that song (or singer).

Matthew: the iPod can be re-set easily enough. All the songs are stored on my computer's hard drive in the iTunes program. Unfortunately, sometimes the hard drive crashes, as happened to my friend Mike. Like him, I would find it difficult to summon the patience to sit down and do this again. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Andy,

Are you into funk or acid jazz?

Richie

Andy said...

Richie: I'm not sure I know what "funk" is; sounds like it needs a shower. What is "acid" jazz? Sounds harsh. I like mine mellow and sad.

Anonymous said...

Should I assume you're a Dido, Sarah McLachlan, Jann Arden - kinda boy?

If so, then no wonder why I think you're so cute :-)

~N said...

Some women of my age ache for a baby, especially when they don't already have one; I ache for an iPod, not least of all because I don't already have one.

Congrats, my friend...and hide it if I ever come to visit ;).