Monday, April 11, 2005

Bush's iPod

There was an interesting fluff piece in the Times today about the President's iPod. He's got 250 songs on it. Pfft. Amateur. I've got 3,264 and counting. (A new CD came out in Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Ensemble series; I highly recommend these recordings, they are really beautiful, exotic and thrilling.)

Is it a surprise that nothing on Bush's playlist is also on my iPod? (For the record, I do have some country on mine. Shocked?)

Best line in the article? "As for an analysis of Mr. Bush's playlist, Mr. Levy of Rolling Stone started out with this: "One thing that's interesting is that the president likes artists who don't like him."

I wonder if there's anything there by the Dixie Chicks.

This might also explain that bulge.

What's on your iPod?

3 comments:

Andy said...

I'm commenting on my own blog. Am I lame? Fine.

Here are five songs on my iPod that I bet will never end up on the First iPod:

1. It's Raining Men
2. Papa, Can You Hear Me?
3. Lavender Song (Ute Lemper)
4. Son vergin vezzosa
5. Raga Jogeshwari

SantaBarbarian said...

I LOVE YoYo Ma's Silk Road.

Hmmm...what would be in my ipod cache of close to 5000 songs that Bushie doesn't have...

well...pretty much everything.

One song that could be his theme song though..."Another Perfect Catastrophe" by Firewater on the Clay Pidgeon Soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

Well, so I am lame too :-)

1. "Human" by the Pretenders.
2. "Everyday" by Central Living & Lisa Shaw
3. "Step into the Light (Weekender Mix)" by Jersey Street
4. "Spirit in Your Soul" by Attaboy
5. "Moments in Love" by The Art of Noise

Any comments? Am I lame?

:)