Saturday, April 23, 2005

Why Did God Give us Minds?

So we could change them, obviously.

And why did God give us friends?

So we'd have an external warning system to let us know when we've made a mistake.

Positively everyone thinks I should still go for this job, salary be damned. My parents have offered to help out, because they know I want this.

I'm still mulling it over. I have reached a certain age where I feel an obligation to be financially independent; furthermore, though I have simple tastes, I do have a slight materialistic side. I was hoping for more money. Not because I think I'm "worth" it, but because you know, I was hoping to be able to finally afford cable and a gym membership. And maybe a cat. : (

I still have some time to think about it.

And as for what I "need," well...here's what Jesus had to say about that.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Besides the gift of a mind and friends, you've also been granted the time to consider your options.

Some sort of compromise is in order, it seems. There are many people better placed than me to advise you, though I trust we would all agree that you should do what makes you happiest. Do the frustrations of your current job outweigh the (presumably greater?) financial security it offers?

Either way, nothing's stopping you from getting a cat in due course. That would be a fantastic long-term goal.

Jess said...

If you can manage the finances, then it would be great for you to accept the position. I was under the impression that it was simply unmanageable, but if that's wrong, then go for it! It's hard to find a job you can really take pride in, something you really enjoy.

Matthew said...

Yeah, if you can make this work, I would highly recommend you go for it.

Anthony said...

Andy, we're on tender-hooks here - you said you'd let them know on Monday and you've not posted anything since the weekend. What decision did you reach?