Friday, April 08, 2005

Teamwork

Yesterday was not a particularly good day at work.

The boss called from the road in Massachusetts to yell at me because "my" directions were wrong. Hello, is my name Mapquest?

Anyway, that motivated me to re-think my movie rental plan and instead I sat down and went through job listings again. The first thing that came up was exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for. I drafted a cover letter and sent it off to a couple of friends who were online to get their thoughts.

I got lots of thoughts.

Four hours later we christened it "the Joan Rivers letter," because after so much work it was unrecognizable.

So: a big, big, big, big thank you to Jon, JP, Andrew, Alexandro, Kevin, John, Stephanie, Toby and Mom. (I hope I didn't leave anyone out.) I really, really appreciate the time you took to help me out -- let me know how I can return the favor. You guys rock.

The interview is Tuesday at 9.

4 comments:

Jess said...

we christened it "the Joan Rivers letter," because after so much work it was unrecognizable.

The Joan Rivers letter. I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have provided feedback had I known and read the letter :-) and yes, you DO have my personal e-mail!

:) Richie

Nick said...

Joan rivers letter, gotta love it. Great blog by the way.

Matthew said...

I'm glad you were able to find something you like. Good luck!