Tuesday, April 26, 2005

JOB UPDATE

I got it.

: )

Working on details of when my first day will be.

Also working on details of celebratory happy hour (probably early next week).

Thanks, all, for your tremendous support and good wishes, and MOST especially to my crack team who helped me craft that great cover letter.

They won't be able to read this for several weeks, probably, as they are traveling, but a deep debt (um, pun intended) of gratitude to my mother and stepfather who recognize, appreciate and support my desire to move into this kind of work and are willing to help me through the transition.

6 comments:

p.p. said...

Congrats! That's great news. Have fun at the celebration! Be careful around your 7th beer. ;)

Andy said...

Thanks Peter! Thanks also for the advice...I don't plan to celebrate that hard. I think I learned a valuable lesson that night. ; )

Andy said...

Oh, a little clarification: sorry I haven't been blogging, honestly I've been too busy at my current temp job. (WHICH IS ABOUT TO FUCKING END HALLELUJAH YES! PASS THE BEER) Anyway, I digress. I really wanted the job and everyone told me to go for it and figure out the money later. Since really that decision affected my parents more than anyone and they said they would help, I called and said I still wanted the job. : )

Matthew said...

Congratulations, Andy!

I hope you'll be much happier at your new job. :-)

Thunder Jones said...

Whoo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

I was able to access your blog today and got to catch up on your life. I have missed my daily dose of what Andy is up to...

We are indeed in Venice and enjoying every minute. It would only be better if you were here with us.

We are happy, as always to support your dreams and we are delighted that you got this new job.
Mom and Dan